The Burnaby Velodrome Club has been running a successful junior development program for many years. Graduates include provincial level elite athletes, national team members and olympic medalists. But the program is aimed at youth of all ages and skill levels. From those who are brand new to cycling to experienced road riders and racers.
The Program is open to youth under the age of 19. Coached by certified BVC coaches it covers all aspects of track riding and racing. For young riders this program is the best place to start out on the track. There is a try three for free policy after which athletes will be required to buy a track pass or pay a drop in fee. As part of the Burnaby Velodrome Club’s ongoing commitment to junior development riders under the age of 19 can rent bikes free.
The Junior program runs year round. During the fall and winter September through April there are two sessions, one on Monday afternoons and one on Wednesday afternoons. The Monday session is geared towards the newer and younger riders. As an athlete’s skill and fitness improve they will be given the opportunity to move to the faster Wednesday session.
From April through August we allow all youth to ride either session. Learn to ride, newer riders, and advanced riders can attend both Monday and Wednesday sessions.
Notes For New Juniors And Their Parents
If you are a junior and are coming to the track for the first time we ask that you and your parents please keep in mind the following points:
- Create an account/login to the membership portal here
- Purchase a membership ahead of time
- For the first time athlete arrive at the track on a Monday at 4:15PM. This will give enough time to finish up paperwork and get set up with a rental bike. Please do not be late!
- The warm up will start at 4:30PM
- If you show up late be prepared to do a roller workout!
- Workout will be complete by 6:00PM
If you have any questions about the junior program please do not hesitate to contact us.