Learn to Ride is BACK on TRACK!
Our “Learn to Ride” program is the first step to riding at the Burnaby Velodrome. This program introduces riders to the techniques and etiquette required to use our track – and pretty much any track.
The sessions are open to all young adults and up and all levels of abilities. You only need to know how to ride a bike, we teach you the rest. For youth riders, see our youth programs!
Our coaches take a step-by-step approach and adjust to each learner’s capabilities.
- “Learn to Ride is five (5) 90-minute sessions long. You can book any date and time that is available from our scheduled sessions. Do them all in a week, or take a few months, it is up to you. In either case, we make sure you are ready to ride the track and integrate into our other programming when you are done.
- “Try the Track” is one (1) session that comes with the purchase of your general membership for new members. Such a simple way to experience the track for such a small fee. Come try it alone or bring your friends. You get a 90-minute coached session and tonnes of fun.
How to Register
- Create an account/log in to the Membership Portal.
- Purchase a General Membership and Learn to Ride program
- Book your session(s) from the Membership Portal.
- Each session is capped at 20 riders
Please show up 10-15 minutes before the session starts to allow for orientation, bike sizing, and a look around, etc.
Note: Learn to Ride Passes expire at the end of each membership year, so you must complete the program before the end of the membership year, or you will need to purchase a new one.
Note 2: If you purchased your Learn to Ride pass in the fall of 2020 we have extended the expiry date till 31-Dec-2021 due to COVID-19.