Put on by the Burnaby Velodrome Club, the Intro to Track program is the first step to riding at the Burnaby Velodrome. The program introduces riders of all ages and abilities to the techniques and etiquette of riding at our facility. And, it’s never been easier to learn! Each session is capped at 20 riders.
Learn to Ride sessions are scheduled for Friday and Saturday nights during the Fall/Winter Season, and Monday and Friday in the Summer. But please check the schedule here before coming to the track, as our schedule may change from time to time. As long as you see the session on the schedule feel free to come by.
Once you’ve purchased the LTR package you’re ready to go! Please show up 15-20 minutes before the session starts to allow for registration, bike sizing, etc. If you show up earlier, no worries, but you will need to wait for assistance.
Note: Learn to Ride Passes expire at the end of each membership year!
Over the length of the program participants can expect to learn:
- The basic skills of handling a fixed gear track bike
- How to enter and exit the track safely
- Velodrome etiquette
- How to ride pace lines and rotating pace lines
- How to ride our structured workouts
- Basic race-oriented topics.
The program includes the following elements:
- A total of five sessions
- Instruction provided by NCCP certified coaches
- A rental bike
What to bring
- Clipless pedals and cycling shoes
- Arm warmers
- Knee/leg warmers
- Light jacket/long sleeve jersey
- Riding glasses
- Water bottle
- Light snack or energy bar
- UCI license (out of Province riders)
- A release waiver signed by your parent/guardian (youth 17 and under)
We are all passionate about this sport and the facility and we look forward to sharing that passion with you. Find out what you’ve been missing and Register today.
*International riders are required to have a UCI license in order to participate in any events/workouts at the Burnaby Velodrome, no exceptions.