Current Open Positions
Role and Responsibilities
Reporting to the General Manager, the Track Attendant performs technical, administrative and customer service work in successful delivery of the Burnaby Velodrome programs and events. The successful candidate will have regular contact with the program participants and involve periods of cash handling and customer service. Duties of the Track Attendant include responding to inquiries both verbally and written, operating electronic payment systems and handling cash, as well as working with computer programs such as Google Docs. The Track Attendant will be responsible for monitoring velodrome pre ride inspection as well as monitor riding activities and closing out the track at the end of the sessions. They will assist the coaches with set up and delivery of sessions in order to ensure that planned sessions and events are initiated and completed as scheduled at the highest possible quality.
The Track Attendant;
- Provides excellent customer service and positively engages with all members and non-members
- Maintains a neat and organized working area by setting up at the beginning of the shift and putting equipment away at the end of the shift
- Completes verifications of rider membership
- Conducts observations of riders for safety
- Assists coaches
- Assist riders with bike selection from fleet
- Lifts upward of 40 pounds and carrying items using both arms and legs
- Walks, stands, and sits for period of greater than 1 hour
- Can use stairs
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Preference will be given to those applicants with:
- Completion of Grade 12
- Post-secondary education in a related field – Recreation management, Sports and
- Recreation Management or similar/equivalent combination of education training and experience.
- Valid First Aid and CPR certificate
- Coaching certification or “Trained” status
Knowledge skills and abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Physical ability to carry out the roles and responsibilities of the position
- Ability to operate related equipment
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively as a member of the team
- Ability to organize and prioritize
- Ability to communicate with youth aged athletes
- Ability to observe and recognize behaviour not aligned with the code of conduct
- Ability to instruct
- Ability to use a computer
- Track Cycling, Cycling, Elite Sports, Recreational sports, Fitness
- Coaching youth and adults
- Recreational program delivery
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
Successful applicants will be required to supply a Criminal Records Review Check.
Hours and shifts are dependent on operational requirements and scheduled by the General Manager on an as needed basis. Burnaby Velodrome is looking for individuals who can work many different shifts per week with the potential to work up to 5 days a week depending on availability and operational requirements. The Burnaby Velodrome is open as early as 9:00 am and close as late as 10:00pm, please outline your availability to work shifts.
Applications will be received until all the positions are filled.