Now Celebrating 10+ years of AYC!
The Burnaby Velodrome Club is proud to announce the expansion of our existing AYC program to the BIPOC Youth Cycling Program. See the BVC Statement on Support for BIPOC
We are supporting and encouraging youth from visible minorities to partake in our amazing sport of track cycling by offering coached sessions and eliminating barriers of entry. Youth participants learn how to ride North America’s longest operating indoor velodrome. Ride indoors on a track with 47-degree banking! We help you all along the way.
This fully-funded (100% free) program for ages 10 to 19 and is comprised of one session each week for 10 weeks.
- Sign up here online and someone will get back to you.
- Each session is limited to 10 – 15 riders
- Each Session is 90 minutes
- Bikes are provided at no charge
- Helmets are available – during COVID-19 please bring your own if possible
- Coaching is provided
Next program blocks:
- Sep 16 – Dec 9, 2021 – Thursday’s 4:30 – 6:00 PM (Beginner)
- Sep 17 – Dec 10, 2021 – Fridays 5:00 – 6:30 PM (intermediate)
In 2010/2011 the Burnaby Velodrome Club, in partnership with the Urban Native Youth Association, launched the Aboriginal Youth Cycling Program. Similar to our Junior Program, the Youth in the Aboriginal Youth Cycling program receive accredited coaching at the Velodrome and are given the opportunity to learn and develop as athletes and track cyclists. From the initial introduction to fine-tuning advanced techniques, it’s all possible with this program.
If you have any further questions about the Urban Native Youth Association feel free to contact us or get in touch with Nikki Walser, Aboriginal Youth First Sports & Recreation Program Coordinator. 604-254-7732 / email@example.com