One of the most exhilarating things to do at the Burnaby Velodrome is to race. And our Learn to Race program was designed to get riders ready for the thrill of our Friday Night Racing. Classes run once per month, on a Saturday night. Check the schedule page to see when the next one is!
- Please be aware that all participants must have completed their Learn to Ride sessions prior to participating in the Learn to Race, and have completed a minimum of two Novice Workouts.
The program includes:
- Initial introduction to the theory and practice of mass start racing, a 90 minute session
- As many subsequent Learn to Race sessions as you need to feel comfortable moving to our Friday Night Racing
- Instruction after each race during our Friday Night Racing
How to Register
- Create an account/login to the membership portal here.
- Choose the Learn to Race session that suits your schedule*.
- Conveniently pay online
*There is a minimum number of participants needed in order to run a session. As such, occasionally sessions must be cancelled due to low attendance. You will be notified at least 24 hours in advance of any schedule changes.